Medical Statistics


Something that i start to fall in love with...Statistics...
I think i'm lucky and i believe as a fate. I'm currently having my internship training at the School of Medical Sciences USM at Kota Bharu, Kelantan (my lovely homewtown). It's just 30 minutes of driving away from my house. I register myself on the 10 of May sharp at 8am. And i have been placed at the Unit of Biostatistics and Research Methodology.
I get the only chance to talk to my intern' supervisor on 11am after i waited for him in the office for almost 3 hours. I only can said that he is such a busiest person i ever met. Doctors, researchers, and students will wait for him start from the early morning, just to have a discussion on statistics. He will never be alone in the room but yet his room is full with all those person. Not only for one day but for everyday. Is it he is so famous?... I could say, YES...but he is not famous because of his good singing, or dancing or even acting...but yet his knowledge on medical and statistics.
Medical statistics is a Postgraduate Program in School of Medical Sciences. It absolutely different from the field as what i'm doing for my degree. Is a new challenge, new experience and a new inspiration for me. I get to know that medical statistics is important especially for doctors and researcher in doing their studies and research for journals publication. And there are only limited person who are expert in medical statistics. (that's why his room is always full with VISITORs).
I had been given a task in doing medical statistics analysis on HIV. It seems to be easy but yet it is not as what i thought. I had been given a task same as the Master's Thesis. I need to do my research just within two months! can i make it? I'm wondering...
But all of the postgrad here are really helpful, i deal with a lot intelligent people around, medical doctors, researchers, lab assistant, professors...
Just for a month here, i start to fall in love in Medical statistics. I even get a few invitation in doing my postgrad here, as well my supervisor are offering me to further my study under him. What a big offer i get...haha...
A new inspiration for me to fight for my own. My dream will come true? Is all depend on hardwork and sometimes LUCK...


xiaolong
04062010 12:32am

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © xiaolong真心话